Location: Roughly bounded by McLean Boulevard and University Street to the west and east, Vollintine Avenue to the south, and the north lot lines of Sheridan and Barksdale Streets and Rainbow Drive to the north, in Memphis
Architectural Style: Various: Eclectic style cottages and bungalows, English Tudor
Original Function/Purpose: Residential
History: The northern portion of this district was not developed until flood control measures had been taken after the great Mississippi River flood of 1937, including building of the Cypress Creek Pumping Station. Vollintine Avenue, the southern boundary of both this district and the Vollintine Evergreen Avalon Historic District, was the northern boundary of the original John Rice Grant, some of which was later bought by John Overton. It was also the northern boundary of Memphis until 1929, the same year that Harry Dlugach began to develop subdivisions in the district. Vollintine Evergreen North HD is one of the four NR-listed Vollintine historic districts that now make up collectively the Vollintine Evergreen Community Association or VECA as a Historic Overlay District.
City Council District: 7
Super District: 8
County Commission District: 7