Address: 81 Madison Avenue, Memphis
Architectural Style: Beaux Arts
Original Function/Purpose: Bank
History: This 15-story building was built in 1906 for the Tennessee Trust Bank to a design by the architectural firm of George M. Shaw and Charles O. Pfeil. It was the first building on Banker’s Row to exceed the traditional four-story height for banks in the city and is an outstanding example of early skyscraper form. Following an interior remodeling in 1959 it was occupied by various professional and business offices. Since 2002 it has been the Madison Hotel.
City Council District: 6
Super District: 8
County Commission District: 8