Address: 2216 South Germantown Road, Germantown
Architectural Style: Late 1800s rural religious architecture
Original Function/Purpose: Church
History: The current sanctuary of the Germantown Baptist Church, formerly called the New Hope Church, was erected in 1871 after Union Army stragglers burned down the original in 1862. The original tin roof was replaced by asphalt shingles some time later, and in 1932 a brick education annex was added to the rear. The sanctuary is still used for baptismal services, weddings, and other special occasions. The building is one of the few remaining buildings in the city to reflect rural church architecture from the 1870s.
City Council District: N/A
Super District: N/A
County Commission District: 4