Address: 46 North Third Street, Memphis
Architectural Style: Renaissance
Original Function/Purpose: Commerce
History: Built in 1925, the Dermon Building was designed by prominent Memphis architects Charles O. Pfeil and George Awsumb for the Dave Dermon Company and Dave Dermon Insurance. The ten-story dark brown brick building with Renaissance details in yellow, green and white terra cotta exhibits one of the most colorful uses of glazed architectural terra cotta in Memphis. The building was sold in the 1930s but has retained the Dermon Building name. The 10-story office building was gutted in 2018, and developers plan to convert it into 103 residential units by 2024.
City Council District: 6
Super District: 8
County Commission District: 8