Thank you to all the young artists, teachers, family and friend for supporting this years Youth and Architecture Design Competition!
Here are some of the entrants work!
Youth and Architecture 2015 Design Competition
In honor of National Preservation Month, May 2015
Sponsored by the Art Center
Deadline for Entries: Friday, April 10, 2015, 4 pm
Opening Reception: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 6:00 pm, Memphis Heritage at Howard Hall
Exhibit: May 2015, Memphis Heritage at Howard Hall, 2282 Madison
Memphis Heritage, Inc. and AIA Memphis are proud to announce the 12th Architecture and Our Youth Design Competitionfor 4th – 12th grade level youth in Shelby County. Participants are asked to explore historic buildings and spaces around them through an art medium of their choice. In addition, an essay is submitted describing how the individual responds to the art emotionally and/or physically. Winners in each division receive prizes during the opening reception and will have their artwork on exhibit along with their written responses during May 2015. The goal of this exhibit is to communicate through images and words how our youth respond to the built environment.
- A drawing of a Historic building/or part of an existing historic building in Shelby County. Can be interior or exterior.
- Entry sizes must be either8”x10” or 11’x14” ONLY
- A separate hand-written statement identifying this building or space, why it was selected by the participant, and description of their response to it. Maximum of 100 words.
- Medium of choice (pencil, ink, paint, crayon, etc)
- Judging will take into account the written statement as well as the art.
Memphis Heritage, Inc. and AIA Memphis will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes to the division winners: Elementary, Middle School and High School (Divisions my change based on number of entries.)
Display of Winners
Winners in each division will be on display at Memphis Heritage, Inc. at Howard Hall, 2282 Madison during May.
All participants will receive invitations to the opening reception to be held on May 5, 2015.
Call to schedule a drop off (901-272-2727), or mail the following to:
Memphis Heritage, Inc., 2282 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104
Deadline: Friday, April 10th at 4 pm
- Original Art Work
- Written Statement
- Envelope attached to back of work containing 2 copies of the Entry Form and the separate Written Statement
Return of Work
You may schedule a pick-up of the work by calling (901) 272-2727 anytime between June 1st – June 12th.
Please contact June West, Memphis Heritage, Inc. at (901) 272-2727, [email protected]
Deadline: Friday, April 1o, 2015 by 4 pm
This project generously supported by: Art Center | 1636 Union Avenue |
and: Memphis Heritage