All MHI Committees meet at Howard Hall
on the Last Tuesday of Each Month at 5:30 pm.
- Fundraising Events – planning, recruiting sponsorships, logistics, etc. for fundraisers throughout the fiscal year.
- Annual Campaign – focus on raising necessary dollars to balance annual operating budget.
- New Century Fund – increase the MHI sustainability fund for support of MHI’s work and to create a granting agency for historic preservation.
Co-Chairs: Preston Battle & McCauley Williams
Members: Michelle Koeppen, April Veale, Austin Harrison
- Publications – produces Keystone, develops marketing materials for all events, and administers Facebook and other social networking sites.
- Education – promotes awareness and knowledge of Memphis history and the benefits of historic preservation, produces the Annual Preservation Series, and works with historic neighborhoods to develop documentation of their histories
- Advocacy – monitors and reports on endangered historic sites in Memphis and Shelby County, plans action responses for endangered sites.
Chair: Joey Hagan
Members: John Griffin, Charlie Lambert, Leigh Gilliland, Perry Sponseller, Sheriesse Cox, Shirley Stagner, Hillsman Wright
- Member Events – produce membership events to both reward existing members and increase new memberships
- Corporate Memberships – develop programs/incentives to attract and retain corporate members
- Young Professionals – develop programs/incentives to attract and retain young professional members
Chair: Rodger Conine
Members: Marty Gorman, Brent Clayton, Sterling Fisher
- Helps manage Heritage Building Supply and recruit volunteers
- Curates the collection of architectural artifacts for education and fundraising efforts
- Maintains a running inventory of all items
Chair: Will McGown
Members: Perry Sponseller, Robert Watson, Chad Fitzwater, Charlie Lambert