These vanish frequently so please keep us posted and suggest new links you find useful to the
East End Neighborhood blog CLICK HERE
National Ornamental Metal Museum
- Unique museum on the bluff is going to restore an old hospital building as its library.
Historic Elmwood Cemetery
- Tour one of Memphis' oldest and certainly its most picturesque cemetery.
The Beale Street Home Page
- It first rang out over the cotton fields of the Mississippi Delta. It migrated to the streets and clubs of Memphis. It went on to influence the sound of music all over the world. Memphis is the home of the blues and the birthplace of rock'n roll.
Memphis Museum System
- Welcome to the Memphis Museum System, a wide-ranging collection of historic, educational, and technological attractions maintained by the City of Memphis, and Memphis Museums, Inc.
Memphis Convention and Vistors Bureau
-Start here to plan your visit to Memphis.
Memphis Rock & Soul Museum
- The beat starts here: Located in the Gibson Guitar Factory just south of Beale Street in downtown Memphis.
- Join the conversation about our unique cobblestone coast.
- Memphis chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
This is a great historic town nearby.
Center for the Study of Southern Culture
- Ole Miss's academic site.
Association For the Preservation Of Tennessee Antiquities
- Tennessee is the home of some of America's finest historic sites. The properties maintained by the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiques (APTA) provide a varied panorama.
The Land Trust for Tennessee
- Visit the Land Trust for Tennessee and discover how you can preserve the unique character of Tennessee's natural and historic landscapes and sites for future generations.
Wolf River Conservancy
- Environmental advocacy group dedicated to the preservation of the Wolf River as a natural resource for public education and recreational activities.
The National Trust For Historic Preservation
is a nonprofit organization with more than 260,000 members. As the leader of the national preservation movement, the National Trust is committed to saving America's diverse historic environments and to preserving and revitalizing the livability of communities nationwide.
- Amazing architectural source site, illustrates and comments on 1000 famous buildings worldwide.
This commercial site lists many companies which specialize in renovation trades and products. They publish Traditional Building and Period Homes magazines for the trade.
- bulletin board for all professionals involved in restoration of older and historic buildings. This is where the experts sound off.
Society for Commercial Archeology
Established in 1977, the SCA is the oldest national organization devoted to the buildings, artifacts, structures, signs, and symbols of the 20th-century commercial landscape.
- A good look at the whole scope of Modernism including architecture and art.
- Amazing site features old postcards and up-to-date data on Memphis, TN and Everywhere, USA.
Cultural HeritageSearch Engine
(UNESCO) A search engine for worldwide cultural heritage. Extremely large number of links.
The Memphis Regional Design Center
- Mission: To increase vitality and economic stability by promoting excellence in urban design and planning
TN Historic Commission
- The Tennessee Historical Commission has many programs related to history and historic preservation.
West TN Historic Society
The West Tennessee Historical Society is the umbrella heritage organization for the Western Grand Division of Tennessee.
- American soul music roots and cultural heritage is promoted and preserved in at the Stax Museum Memphis, TN.