Boyce-Gregg House

Status: Preserved

Address: 317 South Highland Street, Memphis

Built: 1920-1921

Architectural Style: Italian-Mediterranean

Original Function/Purpose: Residential

The Boyce-Gregg House was placed on the National Register on Dec. 19, 1979.

History: The Boyce-Gregg House designed by Jones and Furbringer was built in 1920 by C.R. Boyce, a successful cotton broker. Later, the house was owned by Russell C. Gregg, manager of Anderson-Clayton Company, which at the time was one of the biggest cotton companies in the world. In a way, the house exemplifies the power of the cotton industry in Memphis. The house was subsequently restored and adapted into the headquarters of Day Companies, Inc. It now serves as headquarters of the Junior League of Memphis.

 

City Council District: 5

Super District: 9

County Commission District: 10

DON NEWMAN